Enriched Air or Nitrox was invented or shall we say first used for scuba diving by NASA. They were looking at a way to end the bottom time without great amounts of recompression of the astronaut support divers when doing the practice sessions in their super large swimming pool – big enough to put a space shuttle in.
Houston we go for rocket start | PADI Enriched Air Diver Speciality
Nitrox or Enriched Air will not increase your dive time. By this I mean if your cylinder at 20 meters lasts you 30 minutes switching to Nitrox will not make it last 38 minutes.
Recreational Nitrox or Enriched Air will, however, extend your no-decompression limit for a given depth due to the reduction in Nitrogen in your cylinder. Furthermore, if you are planning on doing multiple dives a day over a longer period, say on your next diving holiday or if you would wish to join us on our yearly end of season liveaboard trip, you will find, that diving with Nitrox tires you out much less and you will, therefore, have more energy for any apre-dive-shenanigans.
How’s my day looking?
This course is the no dive, theory only option and will take approx 4 – 5 hours, depending mainly on how quickly you´ll understand the subject. Should you wish to dive with Nitrox after the course, it can be of course arranged.
So, Can I do it?
- You need to hold a PADI Open Water Diver Certification or similar.
- You will need to be 12 years of age or old on the first day of the course.
- The minimum number of students for this course is 2.
What do I get for my buck?
- PADI Enriched Air Diver Speciality Manual, Dive Computer Simulator login
- Final certification.
What is not included?
- Anything not mentioned above
What do I need to bring with me?
- Sweets or an apple for your instructor
- Medical Certificate
- Like all training courses, courses are paid for but certification is earnt.
Anything else I should know?
If you are pressed for time on your holiday, you can do this course via online eLearning and finish the course with a short practical session @Salgar Diving.