This one is fun, fun, fun. Whizz around and get a very different perspective of the divesite. To do so properly and safely, the objective of the DPV Spec is to familiarise you with the skills and techniques you will need to operate a scooter and therefore giving you the knowledge how to plan and organise a scooter dive, avoiding potential problems and hazards.
Diving in Menorca, James Bond Style | DPV Scooter Speciality
This course is primarily practical in content, however, there is a degree of academic study, which can be carried out both independently or with instructor-led discussion. However, the focus of this course is on the practice and mastery of effective handling and control of your scooter.
The 2 dives can be done on the same day. Each dive including specific course briefing will take approx 2,5 hours. The exact schedule will be determined according to instructor availability, your availability and preference.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Participants must hold a minimum diver certification of PADI Open Water Diver, or an equivalent rating of another certifications agency.
- Hire of diving equipment (Wetsuit, ABC, BCD, REG, T&W)
- Hire of DPV
- 2 Dives
- PADI Certification fees
- Divers insurance during the training dives
- Anything not mentioned above
What you need to bring
- Current diving certification
- Medical Certificate stating you fit to dive
- Swimwear and towel
- A bar of chocolate for your instructor would be nice
Like with everything else in life, course fees are paid, certifications are earned.